Here’s a new favourite recipe for you to try – the kids weren’t sure about it first but quickly changed their minds.
Pineapple Chicken Bliss:
– 1 tsp. olive oil
– 5 chicken breasts, cut into 2″ pieces
– 1 14 oz. can of coconut milk
– 1 14 oz. can of crushed pineapple, drained
– 1/2 c. chilli sauce
– 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper
– Optional add ins – chopped fresh green beans, sliced mushrooms, chopped jalapeño if you like it spicy.
– Chopped cilantro, if desired.
Heat oil in large frying pan on medium, add chicken and cook for 5 minutes until browned. Add all other ingredients, stir, reduce heat to just below medium. Boil gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened and chicken isn’t pink. Top with cilantro if desired. Serve with rice or buttered noodles.
Easy peasy for a weeknight meal!