Here’s a camping organization tip that’s really been working for me –
Separate your indoor and outdoor items for packing & storage.
In our tent trailer, we have the fortunate option of a slide out drawer at the front of the trailer, where I can pack all of our outdoor items. This keeps the trailer cleaner and no running in and out 100 times to start a fire or get outdoor toys.
Here’s what is in our outdoor drawer; if you don’t have a section of your trailer where you can separate the outdoor items, create a bin for the same thing:
– Lighter & matches
– Crank for trailer legs, wood blocks for hitch, wheel chocks
– folding chairs
– Dog leash & bowls (this is because Bowser prefers to be outside at the campsite and we couldn’t feed him in the trailer – he won’t fit!)
– Hose, folding bucket, extension cord, power adapter
– Baseball gloves, soccer ball, baseball, lacrosse sticks, tennis racquets
– A small bucket that we call the “Oh, sh*t! kit” – duct tape, a rubber mallet, small screwdriver set, paper towels, scissors, a level
I would love to hear about how you pack for camping too!