It’s almost that time of year for end of school year tests and exams, which can really stress kids out if they don’t have a plan.
Here are some strategies that have been helpful for my kids to help them be ready for their exams:
– Pop quiz your child from their study notes or textbook
– Have your child write up study note bullet points on index cards
– Have your child do mini research projects (10-15 minutes online) for more background to understand their exam subject
– Print practice tests from an appropriate website to try out at home
– Teach your child how to deep breathe, breathe in for a 4 count and out for a 4 count with their hand over their belly, and feel their belly moving in and out while breathing, to help manage stress while the test is in session
– Prepare the night before to make sure your child has every tool they need to do well; pencils, textbook, paper, etc.