Here’s a chilli recipe that you can leave sit in your crockpot all day!
Crockpot Summer Chilli:
– 1 lb. ground beef
– 1 yellow onion, chopped
– 2 tsp. minced garlic
– 1 each red and green peppers, chopped
– 1 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
– 1 can mushroom pieces & stems
– 1 can kidney beans (I use white sometimes)
– 1 can brown beans in tomato sauce
– 1 c. ketchup
– 1 tsp each: soya sauce, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, chipotle and chilli powder to taste.
Brown the beef in a pan with chopped onions, peppers and garlic. Drain off fat and throw into crockpot.
Put everything else in the crockpot and stir. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped onions – whatever your favourite toppings are. Leftovers are great over hotdogs or burgers.